BSO

BSO

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Hi-Rise

Truckin' down the avenue in downtown Hamp, window shopping at Faces....


....I came upon this sign:


It was in front of the building beside First Church.


I walk past that building every day and have sometimes wondered what the upper floors were like. Hey, here was a chance to find out, so I headed up the carpeted staircase.


It led to a huge apartment that actually covers two floors, large spacious rooms with nothing in them that was not very photogenic so I didn't take a picture of any of them. However, there is a staircase leading to the roof, where I found myself on a patio and virtually face to face with the historic First Church clock!


A dizzying look down at the seething metropolis below:


A look across the street and at the Holyoke mountain range beyond, what the Valley Indians originally called "The Seven Sisters."


I didn't bother asking what they were asking for the joint, because I knew it was a rent I could never afford. I guess I'll just sit in the Dr. Seuss chair out in Pedal People Land with the chickens and the ducks and the woodland way and all the wild things. We don't have roof parties, but we do have fun.

No comments: